Using speakers/airport express outdoors

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tobefirst, Oct 18, 2007.

1. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I'm preparing to move into a new apartment that I am in the process of purchasing. When I do, all of my sound needs from my computers will be wireless. I plan on having one Airport Express hooked up to the A/V receiver in the living room/bedroom (it's a studio), and I'd like to place another outside on my balcony.

I envision putting the power strip, Airport express, and a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers that will no longer be needed inside of something like the attached image, which is a Rubbermaid outdoor storage box.

I am confident that the unit, whether it be this one or another model/manufacturer, will withstand the rain/snow that is typical for St. Louis, MO, but I have some question as to whether the electronics would withstand the temperature changes/humidity/etc. Temperatures in St. Louis may touch the high single digits (Fahrenheit) at night, on the average coldest nights. Would I be okay with the gear inside of this box all winter, or would it be best to find some true outdoor speakers?

Or is there another solution entirely that I'm not thinking of?

Attached Files:

2. tobefirst thread starter macrumors 68040

tobefirst