Using Sprint iPhone 4s on AT&T

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cathyde, Jun 14, 2012.

1. cathyde macrumors newbie

Hoping I can get an answer here.

I found an iPhone 4s on the side of the road earlier this week. I have an iPhone and I know how lost I'd be without it so, being the good samaritan, I tried to look at contact info/texts/numbers in order to find the owner.

It looked like the phone was wiped, so there was no info to go on. I was able to find out that it was a Sprint phone, so I took it to the store to try to track down the owner. They were of great help and we were able to get a few numbers and access to the owner's account. They owed over $2,000 on their bill and their account was suspended. We've called the numbers several times, but we don't think they will claim the phone. The manager said that I can have the phone if no one claims it in a few days.

My phones are all on AT&T, so if I get to have this phone, can I use it with AT&T? I was told the phone was reported stolen, so I know that there would be an issue of getting the IMEI number off the "stolen" list. But I've also read that there's no way this phone can be used. Can anyone help me out here? I really did try to locate the owner (I'm not even in possession of the phone now - it's safely locked up at the Sprint Store). Thanks in advance!

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You won't be able to use it on AT&Ts, your best bet is to Unlocked it and sell it overseas (or sell it on ebay for parts, make sure to clarify you are selling it only for 'parts'). Once the phone is returned to you, you have the right to sell it.

Even if you overcome the Blacklisted part, once unlocked the SIM will only take International SIMs, it wouldn't work with AT&T or T-Mobile.

3. Dkorda macrumors 6502

That phones ENS number is blacklisted now. Cannot be re-activated on Sprint unless they remove the blacklisting on ENS. It's pretty much worthless unless you want to use it as an iPod??? It has gps, that's a plus.

4. daooof macrumors regular

5. Demonface macrumors 6502a

I dont see why you wouldnt be able to use the Gevey Ultra S for CDMA . If you use the Gevey you would then be allowed to use ATT . If you need videos for the Gevey use Youtube.