Using SS band with running?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Marco123, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

I own an Apple Watch genuine black stainless steel band but rarely use it because I’m always using my watch as a fitness tracker when running.
    Would the sweat when running damage the SS band?
    Thanks.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Milanese or the link band?
    Personally I wouldn’t use either band for any work out.
    Milanese slips and the link is heavy.
    In regards to damage, I would think either would hold up well with a quick rinse after working out.

The sport loop would be my first choice.

3. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I used Milanese loop when that was the only band I owned. It stood up just fine and didn't slip at all. It did get dirty however. Toothbrush and Dawn soap worked best to clean it.

4. Marco123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the advice, it’s a link band but I’ve already tried the sport loop and because I wear a 38mm, I find the sport loop to small.

5. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I would think it would be okay (I have the 42mm) since it is stainless steel so sweat should not damage the finish.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Doubtful. I would suggest just rinsing off the band when you’re through running and rinse it under fresh tapwater, then thoroughly dry it with a microfiber cloth.

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It shouldn't be a problem, so long as you make sure the band gets thoroughly rinsed off in fresh water.

When I run, I make sure to use the same sport loop each time. That way, I don't have to worry about the 'what if' scenarios with my favorite bands.