OS Neutral Using Switch Controllers on PC's & Mac's

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT
You can use Nintendo Switch Controllers on other devices!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...on-controllers-are-compatible-with-pc-and-mac

The Left Joycon looks like a great controller to use as a portable controller for a laptop!

I would like to just get one for my Thinkpads - but how on earth would I recharge it? I assume you would need a Switch to do so...

Anyone try this out?
This is cool, but I have to say I'd be super excited if some innovative hacker could figure out how to pair an xbox one bluetooth controller with the Nintendo Switch instead of the Nintendo pro controller (I just like the feel of it better as a controller)

wubsylol

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2014
The Xbone Bluetooth controller paired and worked with Steam's beta Xbox controller support until a recent firmware update.

I suspect Microsoft got wind that the controller wasn't a Windows 10 exclusive device anymore, and stepped in to ruin it for everyone.

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
gkarris – Nintendo does sell a Joy-Con Grip that charges Joy-Cons via USB-C. And a few third parties are doing similar things.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Could someone with the Pro controller see if it works together with Mac's and the AppleTV4 especially? Because then I think I will pick one up before actually getting a Switch.. 8)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.