Using T-Mobile on a AT&T iPhone

Jayjew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2015
Minneapolis
I just reserved a 7+ But it's the AT&T model. I want to know if it will work just as good as the T-Mobile model? Do they reach the same bands and such? Speeds?

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Signing up with Verizon they give you a sim? remembering the olden days of flip phones, I don't remember my cdma phone had a sim slot.

Vampire5003

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2010
Texas
Signing up with Verizon they give you a sim? remembering the olden days of flip phones, I don't remember my cdma phone had a sim slot.
Yeah once Verizon started rolling out 4G LTE they use SIM cards.

All Verizon phones are unlocked as required by FCC for Verizon's mistake in the past.

If the OP doesn't plan to use any carrier other than T-Mobile though, he/she is best off with the AT&T or T-Mobile version due to additional GSM band support (only 2-3 more from what I saw before but still more).

Jayjew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2015
Minneapolis
Yeah once Verizon started rolling out 4G LTE they use SIM cards.

All Verizon phones are unlocked as required by FCC for Verizon's mistake in the past.

If the OP doesn't plan to use any carrier other than T-Mobile though, he/she is best off with the AT&T or T-Mobile version due to additional GSM band support (only 2-3 more from what I saw before but still more).
Thank you guys, I just picked up my iPhone 7 Plus, black, AT&T and am using it on T-Mobile :)