Using the Allocation Performance Tool

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by l0uismustdie, Dec 21, 2010.

1. l0uismustdie macrumors regular

l0uismustdie

Hello. I am working through the "final" stages of my first iPhone app and am curious about some of the performance tools and how to best utilize them. I have discovered using the Allocations tool for solving memory issue but I have also noticed that this tool will show me a running total for live memory and total used memory. Is there a way to correlate this data to the locations in my program using this tool? I noticed during one part of execution my program spiked to about 31MB of live memory and I would like to try to hone in on that area and take a closer look at what's going on.

Also, if anyone knows any good sites with information on these performance tools I would be very grateful. Thanks.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. l0uismustdie thread starter macrumors regular

l0uismustdie

Negative...seems like the place to start. Thanks!

4. l0uismustdie thread starter macrumors regular

l0uismustdie

I have checked out this page but wasn't terribly impressed and didn't find the information I was looking for. What I did wind up doing was switching to the "Leaks" tool and I found a leak from there. I would like like to know however if it is possible when using the "Allocations" tool to review a run in a way that will show what variables are allocated at what time during the run.

Thanks though for the site.