Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaytv111

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Can you post a link please otherwise there is no point me keeping the Anker 30W charger...I only have the cable that came with the 14 Pro Max.
That poster is mistaken. The included cable with the iPhone has the same capabilities as any other Lightning cable. They just have a fancy braided cable included with some products, but not for sale. However it’s the same cable on the inside but with braiding. They do sell the type-C version braided, which is nice, it’s like the Magsafe 3 but only 1 meter and type C. Might have that one (type C) with the next iPhone.

Lightning maxes out at 27 watts. It’s never been used to charge laptops, no laptop has had a Lightning port, and the iPhone fast charges up to 27 watts. The USB C iPhone will probably match iPad Pros at 30 watts, unless Apple wants to upgrade to like 45 watts or so like Samsung has had for years on their flagships.

Anyways, with the iPhone and your Anker you’re good with any type-C Lightning cable.

Reactions: BeatCrazy

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
That poster is mistaken. The included cable with the iPhone has the same capabilities as any other Lightning cable. They just have a fancy braided cable included with some products, but not for sale. However it’s the same cable on the inside but with braiding. They do sell the type-C version braided, which is nice, it’s like the Magsafe 3 but only 1 meter and type C. Might have that one (type C) with the next iPhone.

Lightning maxes out at 27 watts. It’s never been used to charge laptops, no laptop has had a Lightning port, and the iPhone fast charges up to 27 watts. The USB C iPhone will probably match iPad Pros at 30 watts, unless Apple wants to upgrade to like 45 watts or so like Samsung has had for years on their flagships.

Anyways, with the iPhone and your Anker you’re good with any type-C Lightning cable.
I see
So the cable that came with the iPhone 14 Pro Max is sufficient enough?
I don't need a cable like this?

jaytv111

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
I see
So the cable that came with the iPhone 14 Pro Max is sufficient enough?
I don't need a cable like this?

Yes, the cable that comes with iPhones is as good as any other, aside from length and the quality of the outer casing (honestly the plastic-y vinyl-y stuff isn’t so great compared to braided).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.