Using the Apple Watch outside.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Tom G., May 6, 2015.

1. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

This is a question for those who have received their watches and used them outside in the sunlight.

Can you read your watch while wearing polarized sunglasses? I currently am wearing a Pebble watch, but I am planning on getting an :apple:watch. I find that the Pebble watch is almost unreadable in bright sunlight when wearing polarized sunglasses, unless you twist your wrist into a weird position, or raise or remove your sunglasses.

Is this the same with the :apple:watch?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

same as iPhone.

3. jaymc macrumors regular

jaymc

Think this is more of a LCD issues with polarization, but still a good question. :)

4. Tom G. thread starter macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Jaymc,

You are correct when you say that it is an LCD problem, but it is made worse by looking at the face with Polarized sunglasses, as Armen said the same as an iPhone or iPad. Turn them 90º and you can read them much better. However, this is difficult to do with a watch.

Since the watch face is almost a square I had hoped that they had solved the problem by putting the face in an orientation that would eliminate the problem. This doesn't seem so, however. There may be some other physical reason for the face to remain in the orientation that it is.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

The watch is an OLED. I actually hate polarized glasses or I would test for the OP :(

6. iVegas macrumors 6502

iVegas

My jogging sunglasses are polarized and I have no issues seeing the watch screen.

7. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I was also worried,I have polarized glasses and the pebble looks all weird. Fear not the screen looks great with polarized glasses on :)

8. TArnett macrumors newbie

No problem with my polarized sunglasses. Brightness set to middle as well.