Using the external display only

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Light49, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Light49 macrumors newbie

Light49

Hello i would like to use the external display only on this early 2007 macbook 13 , i tried this method but it didnt work im running lion 10.7.1

Can i get some help with this

2. mazahakato macrumors newbie

You have two ways to setup it for external

1) Connect your/monitor or tv to macbook, and connect external usb keyboard, and close macbook bottom. It works well :)

2) move your menu bar in monitor settings to external monitor, and get off all brightness from laptop.

Sorry for bad english.

3. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

There is a third option you just remove the internal display: use this guide

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-MacBook-Unibody-Model-A1342-Display/1677/1

And just don't put the display back.;):D

But basically what mazahakato said is correct.

4. Light49 thread starter macrumors newbie

Light49

thanks for the replies 1 an 2 i have done but i dont want my Graphics card to work extra hard just for the extra display so im just going to go with step three and remove the display

5. mazahakato macrumors newbie

it's stupid to remove display cable from motherboard!
    Because, if you have any situations, when you need it, and also, graphic card work ass well, and get of all brightness from macbook display, then he get off automatically. You don't need to remove this.

6. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

I know which is why i wrote at the end that what you said is correct as these are the normal ways of doing this. but his choice and honestly it doesn't harm the laptop in any known way.