Using the Gyroscope is Awesome

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoneHome, Jun 26, 2010.

1. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if you guys have downloaded Eliminate: Gun Range for the iP4 yet..but it's seriously mind blowing. It's not the most complicated game ever but I've never experienced a true 1:1 motion control with a handheld prior to this. If you haven't seen it in action yet, I just put up a quick demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MwCoIe9bsc

As I see it, the possibilities of using the gyroscope are pretty limitless. Imagine playing something like Angry Birds with 3D viewing angles. Seeing the sides of blocks by adjusting your phone would be awesome-puffs.

I'm pretty sure that HTC and Google are scrambling to place this in their next gen handsets.

2. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Pretty awesome. Some VR apps are really going to kill with the addition of the gscope.

3. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

4. Gagoots macrumors regular

5. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I was pretty impressed by eliminate. It was a little hard to get used to at first but it is definitely a fun way to test out the gyroscope.

6. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Yeah that game is incredibly awesome, I can't wait for FPS developers to start taking advantage of the new controls.

7. zerostar macrumors regular

Cannot unsee!!! lol

8. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

You mean you can actually hold your phone in a manner that takes advantage of the amazing tech that's inside your iPhone 4 to have fun and not to purposefully lose it's signal? Holy cow. Mind = Blown

9. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I can hold my phone anyway I'd like and still have great reception. Go return your iPhone asap please.

10. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

+1

11. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I found out it works better to sit in a swivel chair and with my arms locked on the arm rests and swivel the entire chair to move left and right. Your holding the iPhone stationary in with this method and only have to elevate or depress it to go up or down.

Awesome that this can be done.

12. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

Lol. My bad. Sarcasm was meant to be completely opposite of how you took it. I love my iPhone 4 and so does my wife. I was really actually quite happy to see a thread praising this phones capabilities.

Edit: That's also why I used the word purposefully. Please reread my post with that in mind. Thanks!

13. iPhoneHome thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks...interesting fact. I have actually been approached twice in my life asking if I had ever been a hand model. Apparently hand models are notorious for having longer nail beds, especially on the thumb. True story....but thanks for your insight.

I leave you with this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]