Using the iMac G4 Flat Panel LCD case

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by galvax, Jul 14, 2009.

1. galvax macrumors newbie

Hi, i've been searching for a way to use an iMac G4's LCD Monitor as an external monitor for any other computer. So far i haven't found a solution for it, so during my search i read that it is possible to remove the LCD display from the iMac G4's case and install another LCD display that you know for sure it will work on any other computer. So, my question is, is this possible? if so, what LCD monitor would fit in the case? i know that there's a problem when trying to pass the wires through the arm, but i think i can handle that since i already tried with some random cables, so if you know of an LCD that could fit in the case please let me know!!

2. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

This is more than you want to get into unless you're an electrician.

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

There is software that will allow the screen to be used as another Mac's screen over a network.
    What you are asking is impossible without great amounts of technical knowledge and more money than a new display would cost in parts alone.

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I take it that the iMac G4 is no longer among the living? ScreenRecycler is a good program if your G4 isn't dead.

What Size is it anyways; 15", 17" or 20"?