Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

no1wammy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
So I joined Google+ today. Also got an iPad Mini for Christmas.

What I want to do is use my iPad Mini as a camera so that I can join a few folks to talk about sports (Don't we all). The problem is, there's no instructions as to how to do this. I do not want to buy a camera right now, too expensive. I know that Facetime is involved, but I don't know how to connect with it.

How do I set up my iPad Mini as a camera so that I can use it for Google Hangouts?

luqtotheman

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
So I joined Google+ today. Also got an iPad Mini for Christmas.

What I want to do is use my iPad Mini as a camera so that I can join a few folks to talk about sports (Don't we all). The problem is, there's no instructions as to how to do this. I do not want to buy a camera right now, too expensive. I know that Facetime is involved, but I don't know how to connect with it.

How do I set up my iPad Mini as a camera so that I can use it for Google Hangouts?

Go to the App Store and download google +, the app allows you to join hangouts and use the camera your iPad mini has built in.

nomik2

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2010
Go to the App Store and download google +, the app allows you to join hangouts and use the camera your iPad mini has built in.

Sounds like hes asking how to use the camera on the iPad as an external camera for a PC.

Convoluted and unnecessary since the app exists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.