Using the iPhone Almost Feels Outdated

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MICHAELSD, Apr 6, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Using the iPhone after using my iPad for just a few hours makes the iPhone feel older, outdated, less capable, and a worse experience. We may be spoiled by the noticeably higher quality 9.7" display, aluminum chassis, in-browser video, and better apps. I wonder if I'm the only one who feels that the iPhone is almost outdated after using my iPad for just a few hours. Maybe iPhone XL3GS will change that ;).

2. Vesuvio Cat macrumors regular

Oh totally. I got a phone call on Saturday after using my iPad for 5 or 6 hours and was like "Damn this thing looks clunky." I even scrolled through the Internet and apps and was thinking about how primitive it looks after being on the iPad for less than a few days. This thing is downright transformative.

3. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

The problem is we were using our iPhones for desktop tasks. i changed what apps I sync to my iPhone use it's strengths in navigation, looking up information on the go, and communications, and a few light games. Some iPhone apps just don't make sense for a phone.

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

LOL, I have the exactly same feelings as all the posters above.

I, too, changed the tasks for my iPhone to more suit it's phone-ness. But boy, did the iPad change my perception of my iPhone 3GS.

5. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Yeah, it's really weird to use the iPhone after using the iPad for a while. The iPhone almost feels cheap.

6. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

really? Dang, this makes me wanna get one less because I love my iPhone 3GS. I dont wanna think any less of it.

7. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Well, that's why the fourth generation iPhone is on its way. Don't worry, guys, it'll fix your weird feelings and perceptions instantly. LOL

8. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Yeah it's kinda sad. Yet awesome at the same time.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

My iPhone feels like my iPhone too me. No love has been lost. I think people have a problem compartmentalizing gadgets, especially ones that operate in a similar way but have a different function.

Baseball:Softball, iPhone:iPad.