Using the iPhone out of the box

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LordQ, Aug 4, 2016.

1. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

Hi guys. I was wondering how many of you use the iPhone right out of the box - no turning of any or most of the features and how is your battery life and experience.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I use mine as is, for the most part. I do have location services disabled for a couple 3rd party apps, but that's about it.

My iPhone 6+ typically has 40-50% battery remaining after a full day.

3. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Out of the Box, it can be used. But I recommend charging it first, being the iPhone initializes through set up, in which case will drain more power. I believe Apple also recommends the phone be charged prior to using.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have always just restored mine from an encrypted iTunes backup and used the phone. Charging can wait till bed time. The batteries or phone do not care.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

They don't.

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

You are correct. I researched Apple's website and it does not state to charge the iPhone out of the box.

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I apologize if that was a little harsh, I've just seen so many conflicting stories about batteries and how to use them and maintain their health. While it's true that old NiCad and NiMH batteries had memories and needed to be treated differently, the current lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries are totally different animals and the old rules don't apply.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Same here. Usually the iPhone's I buy directly from Apple have sufficient battery power to get me through the rest of the day, so I just charge it right before I go to bed.

9. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

I've never disabled any feature, wifi, Bluetooth, background refresh, location services etc. All on since they've existed over iPhone 3G, 4, 5S and SE. The battery gets me through the day under normal circumstances without charging. If I have to use sat nav or hotspot for extended periods of time I charge it while doing so.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I go for a restore. I have for a few years now. I don't think anything really is disabled.