iPad mini Using the mini retina without unplugged for while

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pote2639, Feb 25, 2014.

1. pote2639, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014

pote2639 macrumors newbie

Hi,

So I was doing everyday overnight charge, I charge at 8PM and fully charge at midnight but I was using it when it is fully 100% charges without unplugged my iPad yet (surf the web, play games and checking mails. (Planned to unplug at around 6am)

Stupid question, does it affect the battery? Also is the trickle charge necessary on every charges?

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

3. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Charging over night, playing games is bad for the battery but you can use the iPad for a few minutes like browsing the web. That's why the charging cords aren't very long.

4. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

This logic seems flawed.

No one keeps their iPad plugged in forever like a laptop but even still, as long as the cells stay active and you at least run the battery down once in awhile, I don't see how playing games with your charger in or out is bad for your battery.

5. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

From experience I had an iPad 3 and I was playing games while charging all the time and the battery started to get worse. Now I have an r mini and charging over night seems stupid cause it charges in 3 hours but on older iPads like 4 or 3 charging over night seems fair enough cause those tablets take decades to charge.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

People tend to over think these battery issues. The idea is simple: you will most likely sell/pass-down/throw/burn/(whatever) your iPad before you run into any sort of battery issues. Using it while it is being charged or charging everyday or leaving it plugged in 24/7 wouldn't many any noticeable difference during its average life time.

7. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

The cords aren't very long because the 2m cord would necessitate a larger box.

Which, BTW, I LOVE the 2m cords! Just long enough... I saw a 4m cord. WAY too long, unless you are hanging someone, or like your dogs dragging the thing onto the floor.