Using the new KEYNOTE Itouch Controller App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tshrtkng, Jan 8, 2009.

1. tshrtkng macrumors newbie

According to the specs, you need a wifi connection between your iTouch and your mac computer.

the room I will be using does NOT have internet in any way shape or form. So I was wondering if:

1- Can I set up some type of DIRECT WIFI link between my mac and my itouch

OR

2 - Can I connect a router to my mac, and have it act as a WIFI link (obviously WITHOUT being hooked up to the internet)

2. cleareyes macrumors newbie

If you click on the airport icon in the task bark and select 'Create Network' you can basically turn your computer into a wireless access point. You should then be able to connect your touch to that wireless signal and control your keynote. I haven't actually tried to control keynote using this type of direct connection, but it should work.

3. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

This doesn't work for me. Specifically,

1) "Create Network..." (on laptop)--> Provide Name (works)
    2) Keynote Remote (on phone) --> Settings --> New Keynote Link... --> Password provided (works)
    3) Keynote (on laptop) --> Preferences --> Remotes --> NO NEW DEVICE VISIBLE

I can get it to work over my local wi-fi, but I need it to work wherever I go.

Also, if I set it up over the local wi-fi, then switch to the ad hoc network the phone is not shown as connected.

Any thoughts?

4. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

Okay figured it out...

The step I was missing was that I had to tell my iPhone to join the new ad hoc wireless network that my computer was broadcasting. Then the steps above work fine.