using these machines day to day makes all the difference

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sno1man, Sep 14, 2012.

1. sno1man macrumors regular

I bought one of the new retinas a couple of days after they got to the apple store and have been using it daily since and have been quite pleased with it.

However due to the stupidity of a TSA agent I have been without it a few days and have been back to using my 2010 era 15 inch machine which fortunately i had not gotten around to selling yet.

You wouldn't really think the overall feel would be that different given the paper specs, but this 2010 feels like an old brick relatively speaking. It's slower heavier and thicker and the screen is not even in the same class as my retina.

I was quite surprised by my reaction now especially since my initial reaction when i made the switch to the retina was pretty much meh...did I really need to do this?

Funny how perception changes

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Newer computer with a better screen and hardware looks and feels faster than an older one?

You may be onto something here.

3. sno1man thread starter macrumors regular

completely missed the point there smart guy....

The point was that

a. I didn't feel that much of an improvement initially when I switched to the retina

b. a 2010 15 inch mbp feels all for all intents and purposes identical to the current 2012 mbp and the weight and thickness between those and a retina were more substantial feeling than I would have thought

c. You cant really appreciate how much a jump the retina is until you really use one. I have the high res screen on my 2010, but the improvement is still night and day

4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

No, I understand completely - I was just pulling your leg. It's going to be alright, I promise.