using tinyumbrella and dfu mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by En28so, Sep 26, 2010.

1. En28so macrumors newbie

ok so i had to restore my iphone 3g. I guess my shs are saved in tiny umbrella since it was already jailbroken and unlocked. So i have to put my phone on dfu mode, then run tiny umbrella then run tss server then what? sorry for all the noob questions.

2. En28so thread starter macrumors newbie

nevermind i didn't save my blobs. the ones saved are for my other iphone 3gs.dammnit

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You don't need shshs (or tinyumbrella) for the 3G just go ahead and restore

4. En28so thread starter macrumors newbie

I did, but now i'm on os 4.1. the dev team says some people can downgrade their 3g baseband on certain early generation 3g phones. I think i have one of those. So how do ou do that? try to go from os 4.1 to 4.0 and downgrade the baseband. I tried using redsnow, but when i do, it erases my phone icon and the phone doesn't turn off. I have to put the phone in dfu mode again and restore it to 4.1 Will there ever be a jailbreak and unlock in the future? if not i would have to use at&t with that damn data plan correct? thanks

5. En28so thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, so i downgraded to 4.0 and jailbroke and installed cydia again. I used ultrasnow to try to unlock with the new baseband. I'll try my friends tmbobile card later. I guess an at&t prepaid card can do for now, but i have heard that at&t knows when you are using an iphone. I tried to downgrade baseband with fuzzyband but no luck