Using Toast v11- Titanium -?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by garycurtis, May 29, 2014.

1. garycurtis macrumors 6502

Since my iMac doesn't have a DVD slot, I routinely am forced over to my wife's MPP which does. I typically insert a DVD with an Application.

On some applications, I can do a drag-and-drop to a Thumb Drive, and then carry that over to my iMac for transfer.

But some applications require an install. Is it possible to have Toast create a Disk Icon (a DMG file)of the app and burn that to the the Thumb Drive? What are the specific commands in Toast? The terminology goes over my head at times.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Do both computers have AirDrop and are connected to the same network?

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

You could try copying the contents of the Toast install disc to a thumb drive and then copying that to a folder on your disc-less Mac and then install it from there.

4. garycurtis thread starter macrumors 6502

"Do both computers have AirDrop and are connected to the same network?"

I never heard of Airdrop. By Network do you mean the WiFi we use for the Internet around the house? If so, the file size limit for attachments to emails would preclude sending an application.

Sandbox, yes. That is what i was thinking myself. I rarely miss DVDs. So I never question why Steve Jobs abandoned them. Until something like this comes up.

Thank you again

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue