Using Trackpad upsidedown?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JesterJJZ, Oct 10, 2010.

1. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Am I the only one that prefers to use the trackpad upsidedown?

I only use it for scrolling on combination with a mouse. When scrolling I prefer if the page slides in the direction I drag my fingers, almost as if I were actually touching it. Same thing in side to side dragging in things like Final Cut. I want to drag my timeline some side to side and not just scroll in that direction.

Anyone even understand what I'm talking about here? Or am I just weird?

2. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

I guess I AM the only one looking for an inverted option...:confused:

3. TheOnlyJon macrumors 6502a

TheOnlyJon

So you're saying that when you drag your fingers DOWN (towards your body), the page moves up, and vice versa? Hmm, strange. Never thought of that. I guess it would be similar to inverted flying controls or game controls.

EDIT: I read it again, and it sounds like you scroll normally? :confused:

4. kolax macrumors G3

Elaborate more? I can't work out what you mean.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I made a thread on this thing a couple years back. Basically you want iOS scrolling, where elements move 1:1 with your finger (ie tracks it). On OS X, with the trackpad, things are designed to move in the opposite direction.

In other words: say you have a view finder/camera and reading a page. On iOS, you move the piece of paper to scroll, on OS X, you move the view finder. It's basically inverted both X/Y.

You can have it both ways because of the way we interact. On OS X the object on the screen is detached from what we're moving, whereas on the iPhone it's like we're actually moving what we're touching.

6. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Some applications provide both scrolling and grabbing to move things. Google maps is one of them. You can use the scroll arrows, or you can grab the map, and move it. Flight sims also work that way. You click and grab to scan around.