Using Turbo Boost on New 13' Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MrFunnyWobbl, Jul 17, 2013.

1. MrFunnyWobbl macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently got a new 2013 13' Air. I have just downloaded a few free games off the app store but each time I played them the computer would get loud and it would be obvious that it was turbocharged. If I continue to play these games will it hurt the computer in the long term? What if I played them for long/short times in one sitting? Overall, how does turboboost affect the health of the machine?

I figured it would be like a car in that if you drive it at its top speed all the time the engine will wear down faster.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks. I tried search but found nothing directly addressing this.

2. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

Be careful! If you do that too long you will run out of boost. You will have to visit an Apple store to have it refilled.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

LOL!!!! I literally laughed out loud!

No, you will be fine. Use it and don't worry. The system is designed to be used, if it gets hot, the fans kick in. The system won't let itself get hot enought to do any damage, and not, you won't break it. Enjoy it.

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

No chance of running out of boost. That 13 foot MBA has lots of room inside for all the boost someone might use in a lifetime.

/Jim

5. MrFunnyWobbl thread starter macrumors newbie