Using two apps at once issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by goat5570, Oct 3, 2016.

1. goat5570 macrumors member

I'm sure it's a setting somewhere that I'm missing, but I seem to be having a problem when running two app at the same time. While going for a run, I use the Workout app and iSmoothrun at the same time. Any time I switch to view the ismoothrun app during a run, and after the watch screen times out, the next time I wake it with wrist motion or touch it shows the workout app. I want it to stay on the last app I used, and not default to show the workout app. This also happened over the weekend using the maps app for directions and Pandora. While driving I wanted to glance at Pandora, but it would always be defaulted back to the maps app. Is there a way to control the watch to make it show the last app used and not default back to another working app? I wonder if it's due to being Apple stock apps, because it would switch automatically to those and not the last used app.

2. isanka Suspended

isanka

Probably the GPS can work for only 1 app at the time.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

This seems to be an overlooked bug in wOS 3. I noticed it while trying to use the Music app with the Workout app. Instend of switching between the Music and Workout it would go back to switching between the Workout and the Clock Face.

I even have On Screen Wake Show Last App set to Within 1 hour of last use.

4. goat5570 thread starter macrumors member

I changed mine to Always and that didn't help. I guess we need to hope that's a bug, cause it can be fixed. If that's intended, I don't know why they would do that and needs to be corrected.