Using UK CC on US Apple Store With BundleBox

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cuddykid, Apr 19, 2010.

1. cuddykid macrumors newbie

Hi All!
    I am in the UK and want to get my hands on the 16gb Ipad. I have heard that many people have managed to use their UK credit cards on the US apple store successfully with services such as bundle box, however I have heard of many failures. I know bundlebox offers the buy for me service but I don't want to pay the 10% extra if possible.
    I would just go ahead and try using UK CC but the problem is HSBC bill me 2.75% (i think) for overseas transactions so I will lose that money even if Apple does refund me right?? .. OR do they only charge when they ship the order (so certain your going to get it) ??
    Can anyone shed some light on how to be successful using UK credit card with a US bundle box address??
    Many Thanks!
    Adam

2. vito macrumors 6502a

I would also like to know, so If you don't use the BundleBox Buy For Me service you don't need to pay them the 10% of the value fee?

3. cuddykid thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct! They only charge the 10% if you use the buy for me service

4. olisones macrumors regular

A lot of people (included myself) who have bought via the Apple Store with the intention to ship to BB have found their orders getting canceled even though the transaction went through. I think this is because Apple see that you are shipping to a forwarding company which apparently they don't allow.

Do let us know if yours is successful though!

5. Ratty macrumors 6502

I have been successful and ordered directly with Apple and then delivered to the UK by Bundlebox. This is the method that I used:

1. Register with Bundlebox, get US mail address

2. Update your iTunes account with your Bundlesbox mail address with US now as the country. (You can also create a new US iTunes account using your Bundlebox address and then use this for the order)

3. Place your order with Apple. The transaction may not be authorised by your bank and you will need to call the bank to get them to clear the transaction (I had to do this, took just a couple on minutes).

Hopefully this will work, it did for me but you can never tell with Apple.

6. cuddykid thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info!
    Does anyone know when they take the payment? Is it as soon as you place the order OR is it when it is shipped?? As I don't want to incur a 2.75% charge to just get apple to cancel my order so I lose the money!!
    Thanks! :)

7. Ratty macrumors 6502

Your card is charged when the iPad is shipped, not before.

8. cuddykid thread starter macrumors newbie

Great News!
    I shall try and see how it goes!
    I'll report back on progress!! Wish me luck! Haha:p