Using USA Itunes in Canada

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by swalk, Aug 30, 2011.

1. swalk macrumors newbie

Hi everyone:

I did a google search on how to access USA Itunes in Canada and saw a post from a year or so ago that says that the best way to do so is to use a pre-paid Vanilla Mastercard and use an american zipcode. I'm wondering if this is still the best method or if there have other new ideas that seem to be foolproof.

Also, i have HotspotShield on my MacBook and I'd like to know if there's a similar free app to hide my IP address to get on my Ipad so I can view US Netflix instead of Canada.

Thank you for helping.

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

U dont even need a credit card

Just make an apple id (not in the itunes store) for example at the support forum. navigate to the us itunes store and log in with that id. Then u go to the appstore page in itunes and pretend to be buying a random free app. Its gonna ask u to sign in (with ur new apple id) and tells u to enter ur billing information. Just use sth like 90210 beverly hills lol and u should see the billing option "none" instead of just credit cards etc. The appstore step is important, otherwise u dont get the option of "none"

However if u want to make it easier just google a site which sells US iTunes Giftcards and use that code as ur billing option

The last part id like to know also, hotspot shield isnt working over the vpn settings anymore