Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cls06j

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
I'm trying to access my iPod Touch's Application folder w/o using Wi-Fi as it sucks in my building. Any hints on how to do this using Vista 64bit?

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
do you have a link for touchexplorer? I have had a google and found a few chinese or japenese sites dunoo what it says or what I'm clicking

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
Here you go, freshly uploaded :D Warning though, the program itself seems to be in Japanese lol. Hard to take advantage of many options because of that..

rapidshare.com/files/87754084/touchexp.rar.html

(copy + paste)

bnizzy

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2008
NYC
Ok, I'm not exactly sure if this is what you guys are referring to...

But is this possible to access internet thru iTouch without Wi-Fi?

cuz I spend like 90% of my day at work, no Wi-Fi.

Just curious.

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England

Just curious.

I don't think so, at least not that I've heard of :/

Shanesan

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006

Just curious.

You want to plug a cable into a mobile device? Why not just use your computer at work?

It's sort of like having a cell phone with a dead battery and a 4-foot cable to charge through and you need to close 8 of your biggest business deals ever today - it sucks.

jqdesigner

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2005
It would be a way to use it as a portable disk drive as well as a mobile device just like the previous ipods.

flapjack101

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2008
In a barn
I found it!

Hey noticed you had a few problems, need a hand still? You wantined to connect and access the files to iTouch/iPhone Correct?

I wanted to achive the same thing so i read this forum and tryed it....No Luck!
well i was hunting around for ages and found there is a way, It still requires WinSCP (portable if at work) and access to the command line (Although there is a GUI version now which i have not tested yet).
Anyway google iPhone Tunnel, download and enjoy.....if your using the command line version just pop open cmd and change directory to the one where iphone_tunnel.exe is located then type "iphone_tunnel.exe 22 22" (No speachmarks). Once you've done that wait a minute or two then open up WnSCP. host name is 127.0.0.1 This Doesn't change on command line version. Username is root and password is alpine click connect or save then your in!

Sorry for the lete threat post only just joined,
First post ever!

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
8GB iPod Touch QuickPwned 2.1

History. New 1.1.4 iPod Touch > 1.1.3 > 1.1.3 Ziphone Jailbreak > 1.1.4 > 1.1.4 Ziphone Jailbreak > 2.0 > 1.1.4 Jailbreak > 2.0 WinPwn > 2.0.1 WinPwn (with Cracked Mobile installation) > Now 2.1 Quick Pwned

ahage16

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2008
I am pretty sure this will work:

http://www.ghisler.com/

using this plug-in:

http://code.google.com/p/t-pot/

First install Total Commander. Then navigate to the t-pot archive on the left pane and double click it. A message should come up asking you to install it. After that is installed, on the right pane click the dropdown box where it says C: and select the last one. You should see something that says t-pot with a little ipod next to it. Double click it and you should have access to your ipod. To move files, you have to drag them from one pane to another, you can not drag them directly from a folder.

Hope that helped!

ballagfx

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2008
I am pretty sure this will work:

http://www.ghisler.com/

using this plug-in:

http://code.google.com/p/t-pot/

First install Total Commander. Then navigate to the t-pot archive on the left pane and double click it. A message should come up asking you to install it. After that is installed, on the right pane click the dropdown box where it says C: and select the last one. You should see something that says t-pot with a little ipod next to it. Double click it and you should have access to your ipod. To move files, you have to drag them from one pane to another, you can not drag them directly from a folder.

Hope that helped!

thanks for this!
but im just wondering when i transfer my apps on my computer into my ipod, is there something i have to change the name to or what, cause when i just drag them over, they wont go onto my ipod?

brandon2009

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
My i-pod nano won't turn on. I have tried to charge it using my USB connection to my PC and it doesn't even open up i-tunes and register that it is connected.Thanks all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.