Using USB with AudioHijack Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jumbuck70, Jul 18, 2010.

1. jumbuck70 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Can anyone help please. I am transferring all my vinyl onto my mac then onto CD. I am using line-in to record from a stand alone record deck hooked up to a Naim 82 Preamp which is then connected to my mac via mini-jack.I have a Firestone Fubar 1/0 DAC/ADC which uses USB and I was wondering if I could use it with Adiohijack Pro to reord my vinyl. I have tried to find out elsewhere without success, so I am hoping somone out there will have the answer. Any help will be gratefully received.:(

2. PaulD-UK macrumors member

3. jumbuck70 thread starter macrumors newbie

Using USB with Adiohijack Pro

Hi,

Thanks PaulD for replying, but I have used Audacity 1.3.12 Beta and the input volumes were so low as to be unrecordable, hence getting AudioHijack.
    When you use USB on the mac the sound card controls are obsolete with Audacity. Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

4. PaulD-UK macrumors member

Hi
    Firestone Fubar 1/0?
    That's a headphone output amplifier isn't it?
    So I'm not following your workflow...

You can record with your preamp into the Mac's line-in socket using QuickTime Pro. Audicity allows you to correct the RIAA pre-emphasis of your vinyl if you aren't using a phono-equalised preamp.

5. jumbuck70 thread starter macrumors newbie

using USB with Adiohijack Pro

Hi again,

No this DAC/ADC is for record/playback from any audio device-- does not have a headphone connction. I know about the line-in and Quicktime but what I want to know is if I can use the USB connection with Audiohijack pro.

6. PaulD-UK macrumors member

Hi
    You would set your Fubar USB device to be the output device in Audio/Midi setup. Audio Hijack would intercept any software's audio monitoring output to this device.
    Again, I'm not following your workflow...

7. slughead macrumors 68040

slughead

I use WireTap Studio.

It's a little expensive ($70) but I certainly got my moneys worth.

8. jumbuck70 thread starter macrumors newbie

Using USB with Adiohijack Pro

PaulD,

Thanks for your reply. I will admit I have not yet tried the Audiohijack with the DAC yet, but will try what you suggest. What do you not understand?
    Thanks for your help.