Universal Using VLC to download videos from internet

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bmac89, Nov 30, 2016.

1. bmac89 macrumors 65816

bmac89

hello,

I'm trying to download and save an MP4 video from the Internet using VLC but every time I try it shows that it is downloading but when it completes the video does not show up in the app. It works for MP3 files but not videos. I'm pasting the direct link to the video just like I paste the direct link to the MP3 file.

Does anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something here!?
    I would like to get it working on VLC but if not I may have to try another app (preferably free, ads is ok but not bombarded with pop ups).

And no I'm not breaking any copyright and yes I'm allowed to download the video.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. pacorob, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016

pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

Googling resulted in these three apps (Mediatap, Downloader, Video Cache & Video Edit) why not give those a try. The reviews seem ok.

I know great video apps like Vidon (although I haven't tested it on iOS10) which is free with no ads, there are also one time only paid app like nPlayer Plus (or nPlayer Free with ads) and Infuse 4/5 free/Pro which can also download videos although I think in all these cases you can only download videos from your local NAS devices and not from the internet though.