Using Voice control with inline mic on V-Moda Vibe II

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maytree, Jul 5, 2009.

1. maytree macrumors newbie

Now that I have my shiny 3gs I'm in the market for some new in ear headphones.

After some research I have decided to go for some V-Moda Vibe II headphones - particularly as I like my music bass heavy.

However I want to be able to replicate all the functionality of the standard Apple headphones with regard to playing songs and answering calls.

These seem to do all that I want but i was wondering if anybody knows whether the inline mic and remote can be used to activate the Iphone's new voice control?

Thanks

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I have had 2 pairs of Vibe headphones fail on me. Both times the right channel blew out. They due offer a replacement policy, but almost 2 weeks it took both times to get headphones back.

You should take a look at these

http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-NE-7M...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246822777&sr=8-1

Cheaper, sound is MUCH better than the V-Modas, noise isolation is better, and the voice control works perfect when I use it on my 3Gs.

3. maytree thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - thats really helpful and they do sem to get excellent reviews on Amazon. Couple of questions if I may..

Are you happy with the level of bass? I have some etymonic 6i's and whilst they sound nice I always feel the base is lacking - that why I was going to go for the Vibe ii

Also how do you activate the voice control - do you press and hold the mic button like on the Apple earphones?

Finally any other suggestions for other headphones that work well on music/phone/ voice control from others much appreciated.

Thanks

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wow those look great. I've been thinking about getting a new set of earphones with a mic since switching from the ipod to an iphone and this might be the set. All the reviews say the sound quality is great.

5. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Hi, yes I am very happy with the bass, really nice and deep but the sound is so sharp. I hear notes in songs through these headphones that I couldn't with my v-modas

Yes, all I have to do is hold and press, and it activates the voice control. I am in New York City walking and taking trains and they have been such a treat. I never have to take the phone out of my pocket to make calls or listen to the ipod.

They are truly amazing with also amazing customer service

Go for it definitely. You won't be disappointed. :D

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

My girlfriend is in town visiting and a couple hours ago she asked to borrow my ipod nano to go for a run. She said she really liked my ear phones and they fit in her ear a lot better then hers do. That's all it took for me. I ordered this set and I'm going to give her my old ones. Hopefully I'll have them by the end of the week and I'll let you all know how I feel about them.