Using Windows 10 without bootcamp drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MaskedCarrot, Aug 13, 2015.

1. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

So after upgrading my Early '09 iMac's Windows 7 partition to Windows 10, I wiped that partition and clean installed Windows 10.

But after installing it, I didn't see a need to install the bootcamp driver package. Windows already downloaded almost all the drivers that it actually needed. All I did was manually install the apple keyboard MSI file.

I did notice in device manager that it still needed 2 drivers. iSight camper and coprocessor. I don't use the camera so that's no big deal, but am wondering about the driver for the coprocessor though.

So I was curious if I am missing out on anything by not installing the bootcamp drivers? I personally can't see a need to force install a newer bootcamp driver package since I practically have everything in there I already need.

2. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Some motherboards northbridge and southbridge chipsets are made by Nvidia with Nforce support. If Windows didn't have the driver included then install Bootcamp drivers.