Using Wireless Bluetooth Ear Buds and iPad Battery ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by augustya, Feb 22, 2018.

1. augustya macrumors 68030

augustya

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if I very too often, lets say all the time I use a Bluetooth Wireless ear buds like Apple AirPod or any other competitor brand product, I believe since Bluetooth and Wi-Fi or Cellular Internet Connection is simultaneously working it would drain my iPad battery faster right ? But If I do it all the time while watching Videos or listening to Music. Will it in long term shorten the lifespan of my iPad Battery ?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I have used wireless headphones for years and it does not seem to hurt the battery. I find it uses little power on my iPhone or iPad.

3. augustya thread starter macrumors 68030

augustya

Does it shorten the lifecycle of the battery ?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It might use a few percent of your battery if used for hours. I can not see it shortening your battery's lifecycle.

5. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Don’t worry about that too much. My battery cycle on iPhone 6s Plus reaches 600 yet the battery life is not affected that much. iPad has a much larger battery. So don’t worry.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Bluetooth will use some power. It's not magic, after all. But it's probably pretty negligible compared to other things. Just use your device how you want and enjoy it. The battery will likely last for years.

7. Donfor39 macrumors 65816

Donfor39

Include Apple Watch
    My recently purchased non air buds bluetooth headphones and mic play music and hopefully calls
    Negligible batttery use.