Using Wireless Mighty Mouse On Different Surfaces

LaMerVipere

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Chicago
My MacBook Pro arrives tomorrow and my good old trusty Logitech laptop mouse is on its last leg.

I really like the look and functionality of the wireless Mighty Mouse, but I'm wondering how well it's going to work on different surfaces, mainly a couch cushion.

80% of the time I am using my laptop I'm in the living room on this gigantic couch-like chair. My Logitech mouse has no problem because it's designed with separate buttons, but I'm concerned about how the Mighty Mouse will do on a less than solid surface since you have to press down the whole top of the mouse body to activate a click, as opposed to a traditional mouse design where you can just press down on the front or separate buttons.

Anyone have experience using their wireless Mighty Mouse on a couch, bed, chair type situation? Thanks!

polevault139

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2006
Illinois
I just got my wireless Mighty Mouse yesterday and I can say you wont have any problems. I've used it on a couch, on my dad's shirt, against a pillow. I just wanted to see what surfaces it could work on so far it has worked on all of them. Since were talking about the mouse, the reception I get is great. I accidentally left it on and I turned on my Macbook, which was about 30 feet away from the mouse and the mouse still worked. So everything is great about the mouse. The only downfall I have noticed so far is that the side click buttons seems to be harder to push than with the wired Mighty Mouse, but thats it.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I gave up using my Mighty Mouse and just used the trackpad on my MBP.

I found it didn't perform too - but then any mouse is nowhere near as slick as using the trackpad I've found.

Just moving the mouse through the dock, it would appear to stutter and not be a smooth flow compared to the trackpad.

But then, I've never used a mouse mat with it, so no idea what it is like on anything besides a wooden table.

thuff13

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
I use mine on the arm of my couch all the time. I have a mini hooked up to my tv (42" LCD). The wireless mighty mouse works great.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
One thing to mention too - the Wireless Mighty Mouse isn't optical like its wired brother - it is a laser mouse.

Better accuracy, more DPI etc.

I really need to get a mouse mat and start using it again. Costed me £40 aswell.