Using with an Acura

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anfield11, Feb 11, 2009.

1. anfield11 macrumors regular

I'm trying to use my iPhone [music] through my 2009 Acura TL and it's not showing as it should. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Works perfectly on mine. I have nav, do you? What problem are you having?

3. anfield11 thread starter macrumors regular

No, I don't have the Nav. I've attached to the USB connector on the car and the iPhone. The USB symbol shows on the car when in Aux, but iPod does not appear

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not sure about that. Have you launched the iPod app when you plug it in?

5. anfield11 thread starter macrumors regular

No, how do I launch the iPod app? When I attach it to the car it comes up with a message on the iPhone. "this accessory is not made to work with an iPhone, do you wish to switch to Airplane mode...yadda yadda".

The Acura manual says Acura should show on the iPod it doesn't. Should I maybe go out and buy a Nano?

6. anfield11 thread starter macrumors regular

Do I need something from the aux jack in the car to the headphone too as well as the USB?

7. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

Are you just trying to listen to music? Or sync the Bluetooth to make phone calls?

If you are trying to listen to music all you need is the AUX Jack, then set the radio to the AUX setting.

8. anfield11 thread starter macrumors regular

The phone is already synced by Bluetooth to make calls. I'm just trying to listen to music off the iPhone. When I connect by USB alone it just says in the display "Bluetooth Audio no connect" When I put a wire in the Aux that disappears.

I have a feeling Best Buy maybe gave me the wrong connector. It's a Monster Cable that goes from the Aux [nut USB] into the headphone jack. Should it be going into the wider connector on the bottom of the phone instead?

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

My car came with a USB cable in the center console. I use my standard iPhone cable to connect the phone to the USB cable in console and dock connector.

10. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

If you expect iPod interface, then yes, it should be connected to the bottom of the phone. My Audi has iPod interface as well, and when connected, it will tell you to go into airplane mode. Just simply say no.

11. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

Unfortunately my model doesn't have the iPod in -- just the Aux in.

Since we are talking Acura TL's -- I've got a 2007 Type-S. Occasionally after a call the Acura HFL loses track of the phone and is no longer connected. Fixing this usually involved rebooting the car (an interesting task while driving, but it can be done :) ) ... and sometimes rebooting the phone.

Has anyone seen this as well and if so have an idea of a fix?

12. anfield11 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the help guys. It ended up being something pretty simple. The connection is too the USB and the bottom of the iPhone [the Acura salesman said to the round pin]. But what I didn't realize is that I had to hit Aux on the car twice to pull up iPod on the screen!

But, one other question. Is there anyway to play podcasts through the car system and not just music?

13. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I don't know about podcasts, but I know in order to listen to Pandora with iPod interface (which overrides the control on the iPhone itself), I had to delete all my music from the phone in order to play something else. So with my car, if I attempt to play Pandora, it would play for a second and then iPod would kick back in and I cannot stop it. Without any music to be played from the phone, it played whatever I wanted it to.

14. anfield11 thread starter macrumors regular

Odd, you think you'd be able to listen to podcasts.

15. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu