Using workout app with WIRED earphones?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mongobongo, May 12, 2015.

1. mongobongo, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015

mongobongo macrumors member

Here's a question I've searched all over for but haven't been able to find an answer to.

What's it it like using the workout app without wired headphones? Of course I'm aware I won't be connecting any wired earphones directly to my Apple Watch. The scenario that I'm interested in is one where I bring my iPhone along on my workout. I have my wired earphones connected to my iPhone, while my Apple Watch is tracking my workout. What I would like to know mainly is if the watch will be able to deliver all the updates on pace, speed and distance over the wired headphones while I am using them to listen to music from my iPhone? After all the the watch and phone are connected wirelessly so it's not unthinkable. I am assuming there are updates like this at least if using bluetooth headphones but I don't know for sure. Any light on this situation is greatly appreciated.

Anybody tried this for themselves?

2. ItzAris macrumors member

No there are no audio updates, just a chime,tap & visual updates on the watch

3. mongobongo, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

mongobongo thread starter macrumors member

Do you mean I'm missing the audio updates with wired earphones or do you mean there are no audio updates in either case?

4. mongobongo, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

mongobongo thread starter macrumors member

Are the chimes coming from the speaker or the earphones?