Using Xbox 360 HD as external for PC--not other way around

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bobfitz14, Feb 24, 2009.

1. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

soo, i have googled, and searched the forums, but the only thing i can find is stuff about using an external PC hard drive as the hard drive for an Xbox 360, which is the opposite of what i want to do.

i have an Elite 360, so it's got a good sized 120GB hard drive, only 20GB of which i have actually used..i have 100GB of space sitting around that i would kind of want to put some use to.

is there a chord that could connect my 360 HD to my computer and allow me to put files on there (key point, if it connects but i can't add files to it, then it's a waste)? the connection from the HD to the 360 looks like this...

[​IMG]

and if anyone is asking why i would want to keep switching my 360 hard drive from my PC back to my Xbox, it's because i can only use my Xbox during the weekends (agh, schoool) so for five or so days out of the week i don't even use my Xbox. i don't have time to reread what i have typed up so far so if anyone sees this before i get the chance to edit, i hope this makes sense!

2. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

3. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

This is not possible. Just like the original Xbox the HD is in a different format the pc won't be able to understand. I don't know what it's called but it's structure isn't like FAT32 or NTFS - it's a propriety - and it isn't worth the trouble to go through in order to use the 80 gigs that may be free.