Using Yahoo Mail on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SPeditor, Jul 17, 2008.

1. SPeditor macrumors regular

I just got the phone and love the push function of my e-mail. Wanted to know if there is any way to use some of the features that I use when I'm on the yahoo mail website. These functions are flag, mark unread, and spam. I use them a lot. Is there anyway to do this on the push mail function of the iPhone?

2. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

No, but i am sure if you get your spam stuff on yahoo fine tuned you might only get the stuff you need on your phone. meaning just the emails you get in your inbox. but you will always get at least one spam that makes it past.

FYI for others, at first push did not work well, but in the last few days its pretty damn fast.

3. View macrumors regular

To me, yahoo push mail is so unreliable for some reason. It seemed to work VERY WELL for a day or two, but then it would just quit PUSHING, does anyone else have that problem? Therefore, it cannot be relied on if you only use Push and not fetch.

4. SPeditor thread starter macrumors regular

If you use your .mac (now .me) account as your e-mail for you iPhone instead of Yahoo, does that get pushed as well or is it different in any way? Any benefits?

5. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Push doesn't work for **** on my 2G with my yahoo acct. Works great with my exchange account...

6. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

Yahoo! mail push works great for me on both my 2G and now my 3G. You get full synchronization of all your folders wirelessly.

7. SPeditor thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone?

8. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Iphone and the yahoo mail may not work seamlessly because you all are not upgraded members. I am a yahoo plus member and I have no problems what so ever (which I got for free for sending and receiving over 200 emails a day).

9. macDonalds macrumors 6502

MobileMe does indeed do push. It was a very bad week since the rollout but for me, at least, it's working great.

10. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Neither Yahoo or Mobileme has been pushing well for me...

On the other hand, my Exchange account is doing very well.

11. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Yahoo push seems to work well for me (original iPhone) but I don't get many emails to that account so I can't say for certain.