Using your iPhone 4 as a desktop PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boonlar, Mar 2, 2011.

1. boonlar macrumors 6502

Now that we finally have HDMI out on the iphone is it feasible to use it as a desktop?

Like hooking up a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and use an external monitor with HDMI.

I'm not sure if there are any mouse apps but maybe with a linux distro hacked onto it?

Edit; Just found this video where a guy uses a mouse and keyboard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFWjVkzJb_s

Just needs an HDMI monitor and you have yourself a small portable workstation.

2. herruberraschen macrumors newbie

herruberraschen

3. boonlar thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't see why not. The motorlola atrix does it with the laptop dock.

4. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

No way could an iPhone replace a computer in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I love my iPhone 4 and all, but I'm a big multi-tasker, and the iPhone just simply can't. I love being able to browse the web while chatting on msn and doing my assignments at the same time. The iPhone or any phone for that matter is just not capable of replacing a computer in my mind. For you it may be different but there is no comparison for me. A phone is a phone and a laptop is a laptop.

5. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Right, it sounds nice, but i doubt i'll be making use of that if it were possible.

6. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

But what's different is that the Atrix is more than 2times faster.

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Not really that portable if I say so myself. You are trying to compare this to the atrix laptop dock and there is no comparison.