iPad mini USPS Notice Left: Business Closed?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleFanatic10, Nov 30, 2013.

1. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Hello all!

I bought a iPad mini from eBay and for some reason USPS decided to deliver my ipad today. Except its Saturdays and my dorm mailroom isn't open today. Will they automatically redeliver on Monday when it is my school reopens? Or will I somehow have to ask then to redeliver to my dorm? Thanks.

2. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

I don't see there being any other circumstance where they don't redeliver Monday. The question is, can you wait patiently without exploding until Monday? :p

3. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Thanks for the reply! I hope so, lol. I'm going to be very upset if I have to walk 20 minutes to the post office on Tuesday (I have school/work on Mondays). I tried to do the redelivery form on the USPS website but it didn't work for my address for some reason.

4. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

The 20 minutes would be WORTH IT :D But really, I feel like it's default policy for a carrier to try and redeliver up to x amount of times. Report back on Monday!

5. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I will, thanks!

6. holycowe macrumors member

No. They won't redi on Monday. Read that notice closely! It said you can pick it up at your local po on Monday.
    Unless you go to their website and request them to redi on Monday. If not, they won't

7. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

I absolutely stand corrected. Sorry, OP! :eek:

8. AppleFanatic10, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013

AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

USPS Notice Left: Business Closed?

I've tried but on my USPS tracking site it won't let me for some reason. Just to clarify, before the initial delivery it said 'Scheduled Delivery Date: November 30' and now it says 'Scheduled Delivery Date: December 2'... So I'm assuming that they're going to deliver it tomorrow?

And I don't have the notice with me. I'm at home for the holidays not at my dorm.

9. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

I guess you'll just have to visit USPS and do a spinning side kick

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

So you knew it was going to be delivered on Saturday as you say above and are incensed that they actually did deliver on Saturday? Last time I checked USPS still delivers on Saturdays.

11. AppleFanatic10, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013

AppleFanatic10

No. It was supposed to get there on Tuesday initially but the guy lives in LA which is really close to me. I never said I insisted it to be sent on Saturday.

[​IMG]

12. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

Sounds like it will be redelivered then.

13. Jades macrumors 6502

USPS is going to be a huge PITA
    I hate getting packages from them. Numerous times they tried to deliver on Saturday, got the same notice, and yes they would rede liver but it would be 2-5 days later. Ridiculous. If you call them the reps are clueless themselves. So don't get your hopes up for Monday that's the truth. Expect the worst. Hope for the best.

14. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Yeah, it's a question of style and defaults. FedEx/ups assume the location is good and someone should be there so they try again 2-3x, then hold and wait with no pickup option unless you intervene.

USPS assumes the location is bad and switch directly to a pickup option. Go to the address on the card the next day and collect. You can intervene on day 2 by signing the card (proving the address is good), then they will bring it again on day 3 (Tuesday in this case).

FedEx starting serving businesses first, so their style is best for business addresses, that are manned 5 days a week. USPS started with residential, so their style is best for homes, where people are either there on Saturday or off at work during the week.

15. ZipZap macrumors 601

Did you not write:

Just to clarify, before the initial delivery it said 'Scheduled Delivery Date: November 30' and now it says 'Scheduled Delivery Date: December 2'.

Why did you block the tracking history.

16. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Did you not look at the ebay tracking information. It said December 3rd.

17. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Anyway here's an update. As of today, I've called the USPS and they said that they SHOULD redeliver automatically on Monday because it's a business address. I also called my local post office and they said they would deliver also, but as of 11:57, nothing has moved on the USPS tracking site. So I'm not sure what's going to happen. Hopefully they deliver it in by the time I get off work today.

18. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I think it just got delivered today. Thanks guys for all the help!

19. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

20. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

It did, and let me tell you, this thing is awesome. I'm absolutely in love with it. I talked to the guy who sold it to me and he purchased it on 11/27 exactly 1 day before I found it on eBay. I hear a lot of bad things about the 1st gen. mini on this forum but honestly I can't think of anything wrong with this device. The screen is excellent IMO, and it doesn't lag at all. I honestly can't even tell the difference between my iPhone's retina and this one.

21. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

I think the rMini is receiving the bad press here. The Mini 1 was/is a fine tablet, especially if you leave iOS 6 on it. ;)

22. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Unfortunately mine was purchased on 11/27 from Apple and it was preinstalled with iOS 7.0, I haven't updated to iOS 7.0.4 yet, don't see a reason to.

23. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

IT MADE IT! Taking it out of the box is like the most satisfying experience ever.

I think 7.1 is gonna be that performance booster we're all waiting for, that is if you are having any issues.

While I'm here, please do tell me how you like the screen size? I was at the Apple Store (again) today and I'm absolutely torn between the Air and a mini. When I'm around home I absolutely value the bigger screen, hands down. BUT. I feel like if I had the mini I'd take it absolutely everywhere. And I would love to have an iPad that I could take everywhere. The mini is in all ways an iPad, but just the screen. Your opinions?

24. AppleFanatic10, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013

AppleFanatic10

Yes, taking it out of the box was a pure joy to me! That's always my favorite part of getting new electronics.

I really like the screen size. It's not too big, not too small. I have real bad eyesight can see everything on the screen really well. I haven't experienced any yellowing on the screen either.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

Okay. Thank you for the pictures for reference! I'll figure it out eventually. It's all personal preference and usage really. I'll ponder upon this. Happy iPad'ing!