USPS Shipping - Hundreds of orders, what would be most efficient?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Apr 29, 2013.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Maybe some small business people can help me out here. I created a Kickstarter project that got funded and now I need to ship out hundreds of packages.

We are using USPS flat rate because it's the cheapest. From what I've gathered, the only way to create shipping labels is to go one by one inputting them into the USPS site and have them print them out by batches of 10. I can import a spreadsheet of the shipment information, but I still would need to select each contact, and go through their website to create the batches.

Has anyone had experience with this? I've contacted USPS and that's all they gave me. Any help would be great.

Thanks MR.

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Have you checked out Stamps.com? I think they have software that goes with their scale and package.

I can't be of any real help since I haven't been in your situation, but I suggest looking there anyway.

Oh and there are several promo codes you can use at stamps.com. Off of the top of my head I know WILKOW is a good code.

3. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Thanks for the information guys, I'll check out stamps.com and see if it fits the bill.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Fair warning about Stamps.com. I opened an "account" with them and then closed it two months later after I realized the money I was spending was for nothing more than to use their software, I still had to load my account with money for postage. When I realized this wasn't something I needed and I read the TOS a bit closer, I e-mailed to cancel my account. They continued to bill and they continue to bill. I've e-mailed them a couple of times and asked them to stop but they don't seem to want to. Just be aware of their monthly fee to use their software.

5. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Thanks for the heads up. Theres a free trial offer so I'll check it out. Hopefully I won't run into the same problem.