Usps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Madness, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Madness macrumors regular

this is related to the IPHONE SO :p

i sent my ebay iphone payment ... and the seller said that he shipped it , how ever

that,s all i can see on the usps tracking page

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on February 5, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

i googled it and everything i found was from 07 and before

do you guys know anything about that ?

been using ups my whole life , never sent or received anything using usps " i think " lol

anyways ... will it NOT be updated until they deliver it ? " as google told me "

any info on the usps tracking thingy ?

should i be worried that he didn,t ship it ?

thanks,

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Don't get worried, wait for the following night or two, you will see changes on the notification. That always happens.

3. Miker2k macrumors regular

USPS tracking updates alot slower than something like FedEx or UPS. Don't worry yet :)

4. Madness thread starter macrumors regular

i just want to be an iphone owner lol!

macbook pro soon "hopefully"

thanks guys :)

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

USPS tracking is completely useless. I wouldn't worry about it for awhile.

6. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

USPS Delivery Confirmation tells you when the package was (or may have been) mailed, and when it is delivered.

Don't expect any status updates in between.

7. w3cum macrumors regular

UPS Tracking a joke...

Be patient... Hopefully you are dealing with a decent person... USPS Tracking is updated once a day and only only tells you where its been and even that is scetchy... I have a package I recieved about year ago that is still "In Transit" ...

8. Resist macrumors 68030

The online tracking for USPS has been messed up lately I think. I sent something and it never said it was actually being delivered (in transit), it only showed it was accepted awaiting further processing. A few days later it showed as being delivered.

9. Madness thread starter macrumors regular

what about calling them ?

will they be able to provide any updated status?

10. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

You probably won't see an update until after it's delivered. Sit tight, don't call them.

11. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

This is correct. I have sold a bunch on eBay. If a Priority label is printed by the seller, the notification that you see shows that they have printed the label, but the USPS has no way of knowing that it was actually mailed. You usually won't see any updates except for actual delivery.

If the label is actually printed from the USPS site, a seller can print a SCANform that they set out with their packages that the postal worker can scan when they pick up and it will show that the item has actually been shipped. However, the last time that I looked there was no way to print a SCANform from Paypal, which is how most sellers print labels when using eBay.

12. kicko macrumors 65816

That happens when they print the label themselves. The USPS is notified of the shipment but has not physically taken possession of the item yet. That was on the 5th so it might be a day or 2 before you see USPS have it in their hands.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, paypal or ebay has your back.

:) geekmommy4 you beat me to the punch and offer more detail

13. Madness thread starter macrumors regular

oh will ... guess it,s gonna be a waiting game ...

the thing that sux is that im in AZ and the seller is in NY ... so that,s gonna take at least a week ... poor me thought that he,d get before this weekend LOL

14. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

this happens all the time, and is one of the most common concerns of my ebay buyers.

15. Madness thread starter macrumors regular

Your item was processed and left our EDISON, NJ 08899 facility on February 6, 2009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

OMG OMG , im gonna be an iphone owner :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

16. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

17. lisheran macrumors member

i usually request ups or fedex because i have had a number or usps issues in the past.