uStream Broadcaster App [FREE]

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
Anyone tried the new uStream Broadcasting app yet ? It works pretty well actually and I think you can also use both a 3GS AND 3G iphone.

I tried my 3GS and looked at the broadcast on my computer and its awesome.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
Is there anyway I could send a link via SMS to a friend and have them watch my live video through this ?

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
Is there anyway I could send a link via SMS to a friend and have them watch my live video through this ?
YES.
While you are broadcasting it shows the web link to your live feed - something like www.ustre.am/ts3re (not an actual link)

Just note that down and voila. Also I saw you can actually link it to your twitter and facebook so you can announce your broadcasting link.

Cortezbanks

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
i tried it and it wont work for me. im on wifi and i broadcast live on my iphone and went to the ustre.am/xxxx link and it was saying i was "off air"

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
i tried it and it wont work for me. im on wifi and i broadcast live on my iphone and went to the ustre.am/xxxx link and it was saying i was "off air"
you have to click the green button on your iphone screen to actually start broadcasting. That should fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.