Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WPeterson

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2008
New York
so just for the inauguration today?
becoz i found nothing more fun on this app than youtube....

still wondering why youtube doesn't do this live this time.... i prefer it~

jsttesting

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008
No 1G iPod Touch support??

How come this thing doesn't download to the 1G iPod Touch?! It streams over WiFi, so I don't see why its not compatible!! :mad:

marco114

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2001
USA
I'm giving this 2 stars...

2 stars for the effort but:

1. WiFi Only, (it can be hacked using VoIP/SSH from Jailbroke phones)
2. The official Obama stream isn't even available on there
3. Can't see your favored streams when you login
4. No full screen view
5. Can't open any stream, only the ones they want you to see

I'll wait for 2.0

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
Did they change something? I was able to install it on my ipod touch 1g fine and watch the inauguration stream. It's kind of choppy even with a strong wifi connection, but it works.

rosh325

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
In the ether
Did they change something? I was able to install it on my ipod touch 1g fine and watch the inauguration stream. It's kind of choppy even with a strong wifi connection, but it works.

Ditto, just downloaded directly to ipod touch 1g and it's working for me. I do agree the video is quite choppy by the audio is fine

TXCraig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2007
Houston, TX
No 3G?

Once again, AT&T is so worried about their bad 3G service, things that we should be able to use, we can't. How come AT&T has a TV service for their normal cell phones and they don't have a problem with that, but run it on the iPhone and it has to be WiFi only. It's getting harder and harder to justify 30.00 for data services when they force us to use WiFi.....

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
"Ustream" is a terrible product name. Worse would be "Pstream," but both names bring the same image to mind.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Nice idea but worthless app.

There is ZERO CONTENT worth watching, so it gets deleted.

rand()

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Michigan
1G Touch Works

I installed directly from the App Store on my iPod touch 1G. Works just fine; I agree that it's a little choppy, but it does install and work.

lftrghtparadigm

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Ahhh you poor suckas w/o JB phones :rolleyes:
3g = Wifi

Yea us poor suchkas!!! How dumb we are to enjoy iPhones that are fast and responsive, that don't randomly brick themselves once a week, and that don't suffer massive hardware trauma as a result of jb'ing.

Don't get me wrong I was a hack maniac with the iPhone from about jun 30th 07 til Nov of this year, but JB'ing is not worth the associated bugs in performance.

That is unless you are unlocking the phone, but if its a simple Jailbreak, you put yourself at great risk for no reason. What do you really gain?

dTunes? awesome, but ultimately unnecessary
Cycorder? same

Two major apps, beyond that the phone runs like crap, app launches stall, it crashes more, the battery suffers, it powers down randomly.

Lot of BAD associated with the 3G jailbreaking, much more than ever gets talked about. In my small group of Devs, we've bricked 3 iPhone 3Gs since july with normal JB, followed by normal use. They just randomly, eventually, shut off. They go to the pineapple logo and thats all folks.

BTW I've jailbroken my 2G iphone under every single firmware release for 1.5 years and its performance/behavior has never changed. Interesting.

lftrghtparadigm

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Nice idea but worthless app.

There is ZERO CONTENT worth watching, so it gets deleted.

zero content and limited to Wifi = why bother?

even if you have content, 3G is where its at. If we can't stream on the go, then we don't need to stream, period.

I firmly believe in the following "IF" & "THEN" for iPhone developing...

IF WiFi is required, THEN you might as well use a computer.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
That is unless you are unlocking the phone, but if its a simple Jailbreak, you put yourself at great risk for no reason. What do you really gain?

dTunes? awesome, but ultimately unnecessary
Cycorder? same

Two major apps, beyond that the phone runs like crap, app launches stall, it crashes more, the battery suffers, it powers down randomly.

What risk? You can always reformat the memory and restore back to the standard OS.

There's no way to record movies without Cycorder. MxTube is a life saver; my toddler wants to see his favorite movie and doesn't have to put up with stuttering. Plus I can install all the appstore apps for free saving me a few hundred bucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.