Usual availability of MBP on "launch day" at retail stores

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CrystalPepsi, Feb 19, 2011.

1. CrystalPepsi, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011

CrystalPepsi macrumors regular

CrystalPepsi

I searched for a few minutes regarding this topic, but came up empty handed.

1) In the past, have all Apple retail stores had the new Macbook Pros in stock ready to sell on the day of announcement.

2) Do the individual retail Apple Store sites (such as this one) have them ready to purchase and one can simply pick up their order later on the day of announcement.

Thanks,
    Crystal Pepsi

2. bigjobby macrumors 65816

On the last refresh, my local Apple Store did not have the new units until well after 2-3 weeks the release date. Not sure whether this was the case for all the other stores though.

3. truciet macrumors 6502

The revised MacBook Air were available same day at major locations but everyone else had them the next day. Even best buy, microcenter, and online retailers like amazon had them next day too.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It varies, sometimes they are available that day sometimes it takes a few weeks, your best bet is going to one of the bigger apple stores.

5. Doneaux macrumors member

I'm new to the whole get-a-mac-around-launch game, so I was wondering if they're likely to get sold out, in one of the larger NYC stores? Cause my plan is to buy one there, and it would suck if they were sold out...

6. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

They will have a lot. Wont get sold out.

7. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

Lettuce beef real tea for a moment. Only iphones get sold out on launch day.