Usual CNN Quality

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
KingYaba said:
I agree, can't we all learn to spell a simple five lettered word? M E R O M, Merom.
The error wouldn't have been so blatant if it didn't have deliberate quotation marks around it. Instead of the tech department, they should have had a ME correspondent who's well traveled in Israel to do the proof reading. Although they should know why and where the names come from.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
I thought it was a good review. So the CNN editor messed up on one spelling, big deal. Apple won the comparison, and got all sorts of praise for everything from the software to the GFX card.

Why, exactly, are we complaining about a good review?

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Felldownthewell said:
I thought it was a good review. So the CNN editor messed up on one spelling, big deal; he spelled it right the rest of the time. Apple won the comparison, and got all sorts of praise for everything from the software to the GFX card.

Why, exactly, are we complaining about a good review?
Actually, the editor misspelled it throughout the article (3x), never correcting the error. Out of 9 categories Apple won three, Dell two, and the rest were draws. Maybe some didn't read it the same way, and think that it could have been better.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
xsedrinam said:
Actually, the editor misspelled it throughout the article (3x), never correcting the error. Out of 9 categories Apple won three, Dell two, and the rest were draws. Maybe some didn't read it the same way, and think that it could have been better.

Hmm, on first read I only saw the misspelling once, but i saw the other two the second time and edited my post to reflect that.

Anyway, 3-2 is still a win; i never said the imac dominated the review, but it did win, which is saying something from a non-technology website (the CNN writer is far more likely to be of a consumer's mind than, say, Paul Thurrot, and the iMac won out everywhere Apple would want it to; software and useability.)

BornAgainMac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Dell has a lot of ports

"...bazillion USB ports..." I was shocked that the iMac had 2 USB 1.1 ports and a few USB 2.0 ports. Why not make all the USB ports at 2.0?

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Felldownthewell said:
Hmm, on first read I only saw the misspelling once, but i saw the other two the second time and edited my post to reflect that.

Anyway, 3-2 is still a win; i never said the imac dominated the review, but it did win, which is saying something from a non-technology website (the CNN writer is far more likely to be of a consumer's mind than, say, Paul Thurrot, and the iMac won out everywhere Apple would want it to; software and useability.)
You're right, it is. But I would have liked to see it at least at 4-2 giving the Optical Drive to Apple. I just like the Slot Loading SuperDrive over the two tray loading. Still, it's good to see Apple get some good ink. The "marom" just didn't set well.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
BornAgainMac said:
"...bazillion USB ports..." I was shocked that the iMac had 2 USB 1.1 ports and a few USB 2.0 ports. Why not make all the USB ports at 2.0?
The two 1.1 ports are on the keyboard, so they aren't technically part of the machine. No reason to have 2.0 keyboards (however it would be sweet if the extra ports were also 2.0).

irmongoose

kr0z

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2006
:rolleyes: That's just so like CNN. They really don't know much about computers do they?