Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

halVORTEX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
alaska REPRESENT
the g5 im playing this game on is connected to the internet via ethernet to the router computer in the house by our home network and both of them have firewalls on with the correct ports open according to the atari website (7777, 7787, 7788, 27900, 42292) but still whenever i go to join game function it says "querying master server" but always times out anyone know what i need to do to get connected?

madmax_2069

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2005
Springfield Ohio
is there any networking options in the game like under options or prefrences
cause most games defalt on a slower connection speed say like 56 k dialup if thats the case then thats why ist not working if its not the case i dunno why its not working mabe one of the firewals is conflicting with the game when u forwarded the ports on the router what and how did u put it in and plz dont tell your ip address. make shure you put in the correct ip to your computer with the ports that needs to be forwarded. and try to turn off the software firewall and see if it will connect oh and is there a place to check enable buy where u put the info in to the router enable the ports once u put the info in

sorry for the slopy reply

halVORTEX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
alaska REPRESENT
well i checked all of what you said but no success so anyone else have any ideas?
EDIT: my dad just turned off the firewall on the router and we could connect but we would really like to be able to have our firewall up to protect our network.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Where did you open up those ports?

Go to system preferences > sharing > firewall. If the mac has it turned on create a new incoming port by clicking on the new tab and fill in the details.

Also go into Airport admin utility in the utility folder of the applications. Then click on the base station to open the link of preferences. Under port mapping open the ports that you require.

madmax_2069

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2005
Springfield Ohio
your network is protected by the routers nat hardware firewall yea it is good to also have a software firewall cause of other reasons but its not really necisary. witch firewall did u turn off btw.if its the software firewall u have to set it up to allow the game to comunicate with the servers if u dont u will get the time out like DeSnousa said to go to fiddle with the software firewall to alow those ports

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.