UT2004 runs wickedly on my MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Neutral Gamer, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

My friend just gave me Unreal Tournament 2004 as a late birthday present. It's the Mac OS X version rather than for Windows so I was expecting the worst after the general consensus that games run quicker in Windows. But I was pleasantly surprised and I'm pretty happy with it!

I know it's an old game now but it's still great being able to put all the settings up to the HIGHEST and run it at 1920x1200 with super smooth frame rates. The fans get a bit loud I have to admit, but put up the sound a bit and you don't really notice it.

There's one thing though, I notice there's a Dolby Digital logo on the cover - can I connect up my MBP to my surround sound amplifier and get 5.1 sound for the game? Cos that would be great!

Any other games people can recommend which are the Mac rather than PC versions and where I can max up the settings and show off to my friends?

Cheers :)

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I'd also be interested in which games (any games) can be played on a GMA 900 (Macbook). I had the same card in my Gateways, and on XP, I was able to have a lot of fun with Max Payne, and with Tomb Raider. However, I don't feel like virtualizing or running BC just to play them on my MB. Any native games would be nice.