utility to deploy files over a network

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mark2288, Mar 21, 2010.

1. mark2288 macrumors regular

Hey all,
    I have a bunch of computers connected to a wireless network and have a bunch of files I would like to automatically push onto all of them. Any software/utilities out there that can do this?

Many thanks!

2. mark2288 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I'm sorry it does not.

4. mark2288 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah - no worries! Thanks - if there are no alternatives, might just get all of them on the Internet every once and a while to do the sync!

5. davidlv macrumors 65816

I have had a horrible time trying to sync files over a Lan due to SL's AFP protocol. Using SilverKeeper (LaCie) freeware, I get errors constantly. Apple Care had no solution, and the tech at LaCie placed the blame squarely on Apple and their implementation of privileges over the AFP.
    Using an external HD (USB or Firewire) and SilverKeeper is flawless once you have it set up right (the "Copy set to folder" option has to be checked, and be careful specifying the folder layers - is that the proper way to say that?) The trick is to specify the folder you want to copy over as the source, and the directory above the same folder on the destination disk as the "Destination".
    Then you can use "backup" to overwrite the destination folder or "syncronize" to copy files both ways, if that's what you want to do.
    So, in conclusion, I have found no way to do backups/syncs effectively of the LAN (AFP mounted disks), but an external HD works great.
    :apple::(:apple: