uTorrent/BitTorrent in El Capitan

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Aneef, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Aneef macrumors regular

Aneef

Hey guys,

uTorrent/BitTorrent isn't working after upgrading to El Capitan in my rMBP 15. Is there any work around to make it work? Any help would be appreciated.

2. PiMac macrumors newbie

You can either upgrade to the ad-riddled latest version or this is what I did

the ad-free utorrent 1.8.4 does not open in El Capitan easily

Here's one option Delete the folder ~/Library/Saved Application State/com.bittorrent.uTorrent.savedState
    and if this exists delete this also
    ~/Library/Saved Application State/com.bittorrent.uTorrent-installer.savedState
    then try opening

the other option if you have a Yosemite back up is to copy and paste those same folders from the Yosemite back up in to El Capitan

3. Aneef thread starter macrumors regular

Aneef

I cannot find the Saved Application State folder or any uTorrent related file in Library.

4. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

If you want to look for alternatives, check out Transmission, has been working fine for me on El Capitan.

5. Aneef thread starter macrumors regular

Aneef

Works just as fine. Thank you!

6. PiMac macrumors newbie

It's in your user library.

Deluge is a good bet too.

7. macmanjimmy69 macrumors newbie

**** FIXED !!!! ****
    I Use Utorrent Version 1.8.4 (29971) (Latest Version with no Ads) issue is with "Allowing incoming connections" under Security and Firewall. Apparently Apple is putting the hammer down on P2P file sharing, so utorrent needs to be added to allow incoming connections, once added everything worked as it should... System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Click on Padlock > Firewall Options

Attached Files:

8. macmanjimmy69 macrumors newbie

Deluge doesn't work when you click the "Magnets" anyway to make this Application default for Torrents/magnets?

9. rolamante macrumors newbie

Except I'm having this problem, too, and my firewall isn't on, and uTorrent is already allowed.