utorrent

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djcyph, Jul 20, 2010.

1. djcyph macrumors member

just got my MBP and still new to mac...i downloaded utorrent and it installed automatically (found setting in safari to disable)...i am a little confused though...it installed utorrnet under Devices in finder...is this normal? shouldn't it go in applications like other downloaded apps? thanks

2. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

It should be...

And what Settings in Safari are you referring to??

Never did anything like that when I installed uTorrent. Works fine too for me.

3. celticpride678

You might have accidentally dragged it under Devices. Just drag it out.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If uTorrent shows up under Devices, it is stored in a mountable disk image (DMG), from where you should drag the application to the Applications folder and start it from there. After the copy process, eject the DMG and delete it if you want.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
    Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

[​IMG]