UTTER Speculation...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jdwingnut, Oct 23, 2008.

1. jdwingnut macrumors regular

Well, with the release of 10.5.6 to developers and the addition of the trackpad icon in System Preferences, is there a possibility that Apple could release a wired or wireless trackpad to replace the Mighty Mouse. I'D BUY THAT :D

I currently use my iPhone and an app called Snatch as a wireless trackpad. It's not perfect, but have to say, I like it a lot, and it sure beats the heck out of the rollerball that stops working every 2-3 months. There are other apps out there that do the same thing, but at the time (I'm not sure now), it was the only one with a 5 star rating (from 60+ users).

Thoughts anyone...

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

It's possible but I don't think Apple would invest in a strange product like that. A wired trackpad?

3. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

I don't know about that but I think the next Apple keyboard could have a built-in multi-touch trackpad. I think that's where we're headed.

4. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

A wireless keyboard with a built in trackpad would be perfect for a media centre setup - I would buy one.

But would anyone actually rather use a trackpad full time instead of a mouse?

5. jdwingnut thread starter macrumors regular

I use both at the moment, but have to say, I really like how the new "buttonless" trackpad on the MB and MBP function, and I've spoken with others who think this is a very cool innovation.

6. hallsofmontezum macrumors newbie

How about they just make a mouse that works?