Uverse and Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ipad3g, Jan 8, 2011.

1. ipad3g, Jan 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2011

ipad3g macrumors member

Hey i have att uverse, just wanted to know wat the advantage is of getting airport extreme? I have a MBP, Ipad, Imac, and Iphone. Also will it boost the range of wifi? an make it faster?

2. sportster macrumors 6502

The wireless N speeds would be faster for transfers between devices on the network. I've been thinking of getting one also, but cant justify it right now. My U-verse residential gateway suits most all of our needs.

3. str8bucs macrumors regular

I have one with AT&T and I tell you the APE has great coverage and the stability is unbelievable!

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I have Uverse, too, but I just added a dual band TC. My video chats were all blocky, so I figured I'd try an n router to see if the constraint was in home and sure enough, now my video chats are clear over the same internet connection.

Funny thing, though, I have the Uverse box inside a cabinet and had no range issues in my home, but when I put the TC in there, I could not get wireless 6 feet away. Moved the TC on top of the cabinet and now have better coverage throughout the house than the Uverse box.